Description of the file
GotGravel continues to amaze us with this new mod for MSFS 2020: The "Vertigo - Turbo Prop Racer" (fictional) which is a heavily modified JMB VL-3 (ULM) with a modernized 850HP turbine. The Vertigo is also inspired by the Lancair "Turbulence" (a very similar aircraft with the world's fastest single-engine turbo propeller) created by Mike Patey.
The Vertigo is endowed with phenomenal power. You only need 25-30% takeoff power. Remember to set the depth trim to neutral.
The Vertigo runs on jet fuel, achieves a record top speed of 380 knots (single-engine turboprop) and can climb to 8,000 fpm.
It can go vertical just after takeoff and still accelerate. Or travel great distances in comfort and style.
Pilot, buckle up your harness. And welcome to the world of Vertigo!
- Pratt & Whitney 850HP PT6A-42a turbine
- 6-bladed 6-foot constant speed composite MT propeller
- 16 professionally designed sporty liveries and interiors
- 31,000ft service ceiling
- 1200nm range at 320kts
- Upgraded tanks (2 x 50 gallons)
- Upgraded VL-3 fuel selector: now also has "Both" besides Left, Right and Off
- Pressurized cabin
- Upgraded suspension and brakes
- Powerful flaps able to serve as speed brakes too
- Fantastic ground handling
- Windshield de-icing
- Fully simulated electrical system
If you own the WT G3X mod, you will also get:
- Automatic Flight Control System (Autopilot)
- Automated Pitot Heat
The Vertigo comes with 100% carefully designed custom lights: a powerful volumetric landing light, 6 cool landing points on the wings, three dual strobe lights, navigation lights and stylish NVFR cockpit lighting. All cameras have been redone as well whether they are quick views, instrument views or external views. The VR camera has also been optimized for the most immersive experience possible.
Additionally, several hundred hours were spent developing and testing the flight model, which was created from scratch. JMB factory data was used to create the most accurate geometric model possible, verified and supplemented with virtual wind tunnel results.
This add-on is freely available on Rikoooo with permission from the author.
Installation and uninstallation in one click thanks to the automatic installer of Rikoooo, with auto-detection of your "Community" folder.
You can support the creator of this add-on (GotGravel) with a donation on his PayPal.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ADD-ONS
The Reno Air Races mod
The WT G3X mod
Note: required for access to the Autopilot and automated Pitot Heat
03 November 2021 - Version 1.6.0
- Takes full advantage of new SU6 flight model capabilities
- New SU6 propeller physics for a much more realistic performance profile
- Overhauled and re-tuned flight model for the highest level of realism so far
- Natural and instinctive control on the ground and in the air
- Less torque at idle to aid in taxi
03 September 2021 - Version 220.127.116.11
Same as v1.0.6 but fixed a small issue ... defaults MFD to G3X instead of 750. Will cause black Garmins otherwise if the 750 is not installed.
03 September 2021 - Version 1.0.6
- "Real Aircraft Feel"
- No more tail wag at extreme speeds, yeah!
- Improved lateral stability (again easier to battle crosswinds ... also more natural and correct ... it just feels right).
- Increased MTOW to 2300lb, allowing for full tanks, 2 pax and some baggage
- Much improved elevator control
- Further refined ground steering / takeoff-roll characteristics
- AP vertical speed increased to 2000fpm
- Adjusted turbine startup timing for all phases to match a real PT6A
- Throttle less sensitive in the lower RPM range, easier to control those take-offs and landings
- Various other tweaks to the turbine using Pratt & Whitney data
- Further improved fuel consumption accuracy
- Increased max beta from 60 to 65 degrees, improving performance at altitude
- Adjust cabin light brightness using the knob of the unused prop-control
- Tweaked cabin dash spot lights to not cover any part of the MFD or PFD
- Added graduation markers at the 25% points for the torque gauge
- Added ITT gauge
- Added RA (radar altitude)
- Added remaining range in nm and fuel burn in gph numbers
- Voice Alert for stalls below 200kts
- Added annunciations for if you forget to retract gear or flaps above certain speeds. Graceful upgrade from Caution to Warning alerts, depending on how fast you go (and damage your gear / flaps).
- Added annunciations for ITT (1 minute over 800 degrees and instant when over 1000 degrees)
07 August 2021 - Version 1.0.5
- Compatible with SU5!
- Redesigned flight model: more realistic, authentic and fun than ever
- Redesigned Pratt & Whitney PT6a-42 Turbine Engine using factory data
- Redesigned propeller
- Accurate fuel consumption from idle to max torque
- Smooth throttle from idle to max torque
- Superb ground handling
- Accurate suspension (shocks for nose wheel and spring gear for mains)
- Accurate weight (increased), CG and moments for this aircraft
- Realistic stall behavior for this aircraft (gentle nose dip)
- Excellent low-speed control and behavior; master those crosswinds!
- Increased cockpit lighting levels
- Tuned landing and taxi lights
- Support for the GTN750 on the MFD (read the "Vertigo and GNS750.txt" file included in the download)
- A lot more!
My sincere thanks and gratitude go out to all the people who participated in the beta program for this version and of course, to everyone flying this versatile speed machine.
07 June 2021 - Version 1.0.4
The recent Software Update 4 (SU4) brought with it a vastly improved flight model. Stuff that was missing has been added, and things that were not balanced well now seem to be pretty accurate.
This update takes full advantage of all this goodness!
- Super stable ground handling, take-off roll easy as pie (30% throttle is enough, trim well before starting your roll)
- Execute the famous Knife Edge aerobatic move, and hold it for the entire runway length!
- Most accurate flight model yet for Vertigo
- Fixed trim balance issue
- Slightly reduced flap drag
- Excellent balance of aerodynamic forces
11 May 2021 - Version 1.0.3
- "Generation 2" Flight Model (smooth ground control, zero tail-wagging, epic roll-rates and more)
- Fixed the US Coast Guard (USCG) livery conflict with Grravel
- Fixed "Level of Detail" drawing distances for the external model
- Improved throttle lever usability range giving you finer throttle control
Note on the "Generation 2" Flight Model. I have been working hard on another aircraft, the aerobatic Gee Bee R3. Developing this has certainly pushed the limits of what the MSFS Flight Model can do and has taught me more than Carbon, Grravel and Vertigo combined. Hence I have redeveloped Vertigo's Flight Model entirely from scratch putting in all the lessons learned so far. Enjoy the new flight experience!
05 May 2021 - Version 1.0.2
- 2 New liveries: 54 Cyclone and US Coast Guard!
- Tweaked steering wheel sensitivity a bit
- Adjusted rudder sensitivity at taxi speeds by a fair bit, less twitchy
- Less sensitive elevator at all speeds
- Slightly increased roll rate at top speeds
- Removed external 3D model LOD 5 as it missed wings
- Other "tiny" flight model refinements
Enjoy guys, overall easier to control on the ground, however, you would still need to respect the huge amount of power. No matter what, prop wash coming from 850HP spinning 6 blades will make the rudder highly responsive, as it should. Take-off with 25 to 30% torque and it's super smooth.
Retract gear before 140kts or you may damage it.
28 April 2021 - Version 1.0.1
- GForce gauge added to the Garmin's systems panel
- Oil temperature and pressure gauges added
- Travel in style with the first 3 "touring" liveries: Luxor, Dorado and Matador
- 1 New totally awesome racing livery: 53 Blade
- Landing light beam tweaked to be even more authentic (brightness, beam, volumetric intensity, color)
- Taxi lights added (left + right throw), gated to Landing Light switch
- All external white lights changed to Aviation-White.
- Low fuel light (left / right) warning changed from 2 gal to 10 gal
- Flap 2 changed from 37 to 38 degrees (matches tooltip)
- More Yaw momentum to counter weathervaning, crosswind and tail wagging
- Updated seats for all liveries
19 April 2021 Mise en ligne
Initial release of this file just launched.
Size 148 MB
Downloads 3 033
Created 12 May 2021
Updated 4 Nov 2021
VC Working Virtual Cockpit
Format Native MSFS (glTF) format
Auto-install Installer MSFS v1.1
Compatibility list :
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020)
- Author :