The Schempp-Hirth Discus-2b is a Standard class glider designed by Schempp-Hirth. It was produced in Germany between 1984 and 1995 but continued production in the Czech Republic.
This is the first native glider for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, built from the ground up, over 300 hours spent on development so far. This is the result of hard work for the community and for free. This add-on is under development, as it is only in PUBLIC BETA phase.
Like any non-motorized aircraft, the glider allows you to take off and enjoy a moment of escape in peace. You live this experience with the winds. The feeling of lightness is exceptional at altitude, you will forget all your worries!
Included with full clickable cockpit, sounds and two liveries.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS - Touching Cloud's Kinetic Assistant required for Winch and Tow: Click Here to Download
Installation and uninstallation in one click thanks to the automatic installer of Rikoooo, with auto-detection of your "Community" folder.
Updated on 22/04/2021: STABLE RELEASE 3.3 CHANGELOG:
- Added Paintkit Version 2.0 with a Readme and simple instructions.
STABLE RELEASE 3.2 CHANGELOG:
- Removed loading screens. - Added lights to systems.cfg file for improvement and future compatibility with Touching Cloud Albatross app.
Updated on 22/03/2021: STABLE RELEASE 3.1 CHANGELOG:
- Loading Screen now cycles Official Asobo Screens, Discus-2b and H135. - Full up-trim fine-tuned to 80-90kph. - Separated upper/lower seat material for Paint Kit. - Fixed VR Camera (No Lens Flare). - Fixed Glass on Gauges. - Fixed Runway.FLT showing spoilers extended upon load.
BETA UPDATE CHANGELOG 3.0:
- Fixed Spoiler Effectiveness. - Fixed Trim Effectiveness and Flight Dynamics. - Canopy and Dashboard are now only Clickable (Doesn't use Light Hotkeys) - Fixed Scrape sound on take-off. - Added a Paint Kit (Version 1.0). - Changed Interior Design/Coloring. - Fixed Glass on Instruments to be more clear and flat/less reflective. - Fixed Canopy Glass to be less tinted in exterior view. - Fine Tuned Systems, Aircraft, Sound and all FLT files. - Added Loading Screen and Discus-2b Tips. - Fixed Sound Profile for Multiplayer. - Fixed Landing Gear doubling sound. - Added a VR Camera profile with optimized settings for low reflections. - Fixed Navigation Unit Camera View. - If you start in a Parking Spot, they glider will automatically Slew to the center of the airfield upon clicking start. - Fixed CG out of Limits. - Toned down parking brake effectiveness. - Fixed Aileron wobble after Wingflex Update.
Updated on 18/03/2021: BETA UPDATE 2.9.5 CHANGELOG:
- Removed Cellphone (Result of FPS Drop with lower-age GPUs). - Replaced AS30X with Aera System for main Nav display. - Re-added Pitot-Heat circuit. - Various other fixes to Flight Model, 3D Model, and CFGs.
Updated on 10/03/2021: BETA UPDATE 2.9 CHANGELOG:
- Added Digital HTML Displays (Special Thanks to Ian "B-21"). - Air Speed Indicator (Click to change Kts/Meters). - VSI (Digital) (Click to Mute Vario, Click Border for Feet/Meters). - VSI (Netto) (Click to change Feet/Meters). - Altimeter (Click to change Feet/Meters). - Fixed Landing Gear Animation. - Fixed Yaw string texture. - Slightly Tuned Adverse Yaw. - Waiting on MSFS' Aerodynamics update for more flight model tuning.
Updated on 01/03/2021: BETA UPDATE 2.7 CHANGELOG:
- Fix Brake Effectiveness. - Fix Pilot Loading Issue. - Finalize Wingflex. - Fix Landing Gear Lever. - Fix Altimeter to 100x/1000x. - Re-Add Variotone to 90mm VSI. - Fix VSI to include Total Energy. - Remove External Gear Sound. - Incorporate Ian "B-21" Changes to Flight Model.