Description of the file
Savage Grravel - Monster Truck in the Skies
The Savage Grravel is a Monster Truck in the Skies, heavily inspired and in homage to Mike Patey's Scrappy. It has a converted "Ford Mustang 230HP 2.5L V6" engine, a huge 7 foot Whirlwind STOL optimized propeller and 35" Alaskan Bushwheels.
The Grravel is a STOL machine beast, essentially a Monster Truck version of the Savage Carbon. It's heavier, more powerful and fair ... more extreme. It comes with 5 exclusive liveries.
Just like the Savage Carbon but even more powerful! You can take off from anywhere with a very short distance thanks to its thirsty engine the "Ford Mustang 230HP 2.5L V6" and land on rough and undeveloped terrain thanks to its huge 35 "wheels and monster flaps which can go down to 60 degrees.
This Monster Truck is included with sounds and 3D cockpit
In order to have a complete and detailed list of all the features for this mod you can have a look to "About this file.html" which will be installed in "Document" folder of the add-on after installation.
This add-on is freely available on Rikoooo with permission from the author.
Installation and uninstallation in one click thanks to the automatic installer of Rikoooo, with auto-detection of your "Community" folder.
You can support the creator of this add-on (Got Gravel) with a donation on his PayPal.
28/10/2021 - Version 1.6.0
- Takes full advantage of new SU6 flight model capabilities
- New SU6 propeller physics for a much more realistic performance profile
- Overhauled and re-tuned flight model for the highest level of realism so far
- Accurate representation of the bush plane experience.
- Natural and instinctive control on the ground and in the air
- Added aileron and rudder trim ability (use keybinds)
- Added flap drag sound
03/08/2021 - Version 1.4.0
Superior flight model compared to any previous Savage Grravel version. A big thanks goes out to cavaricooper for lending his expertise as a professional test pilot for the ongoing Grravel project. Get ready, an authentic bush plane experience!
- Execute STOL landings with pinpoint accuracy
- Wheel dust and water effects added (try water skiing!)
- Further improved shock absorbers ... you'll love the driving!
- Further improved ground handling ... and I mean improved
- Updated default livery with solar panels (hey, Scrappy has it, Grravel gets it)
- Accurately calculated drag for the 35" AB's
- Accurate flap behavior
- Revised moments of inertia
- New livery "Bash" ... a yellow "Dash"
- Fixed magnetos (broken by SU5)
18/07/2021 - Version 1.3.2
- 50% increase in shock absorber travel for all 3 wheels. Rough terrain? No problem.
- Incorporated accurate Savage Cub factory data in the new flight model realism update.
- Flaperons move exactly 25% with the flaps for an optimum combination of control and lift.
- Finely tuned STOL wing properties based on the NACA 4412 airfoil.
- Adverse yaw. Just like the real thing. Work those pedals!
- Various other improvements across the board
06/06/2021 - Version 1.3.1
The recent Software Update 4 (SU4) brought with it a vastly improved flight model. Stuff that was missing has been added, and things that were not balanced well now seem to be pretty accurate.
This update takes full advantage of all this goodness!
- Execute the famous Knife Edge aerobatic move, and hold it for the entire runway length!
- Most accurate flight model yet for Grravel
- Fixed trim balance issue
- Aileron authority is back at lower speeds
- Slightly reduced flap drag
- Excellent balance of aerodynamic forces
21/05/2021 - Version 1.3.0
- "Generation 2" Flight Model (Super realistic bush flight! Includes Adverse Yaw)
- Electrical system upgraded from 12v to 24v
- Improved NVFR dashboard lights: added a center spot covering ASI, Compass and Turn Coordinator
- Reprogrammed flaps...no more ballooning but correct dipping
- All external white lights (landing, strobe, nav) changed to Aviation White
- Improved default pilot camera for better visibility of dashboard as well as landscape
23/03/2021 - Version 1.2.5
- Improved flight model, including further realism refinements as well as adjustments to compensate for recent changes in the overall MSFS flight model interpretation.
- Easier to fly during take off and less affected by MSFS's insanely amplified weather vanning effect (automatically turning into a crosswind).
- Slightly less dim radio and transponder.
Size 123 MB
Downloads 3 597
Created 20 Jan 2021
Updated 31 Oct 2021
VC 3D Virtual Cockpit
Format Native MSFS (glTF) format
Auto-install Installer MSFS v1.1
Compatibility list :
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020)
- Author :
Asobo Studio and Got Gravel