Solved - Edgley Optica

Lockheed Martin offers us Prepar3D v4 and v5 now native for 64-bit systems and VR compatible. Prepar3D engages users in immersive training through realistic environments. Ideal for commercial, academic, professional, or military instruction.
lys_knight

Solved - Edgley Optica

Unread post by lys_knight »

Hello ! Because I can't review the file due to the fact that I don't use facebook (instead I have real friends) I just want to say that upon selecting the plane in P3D V4 3 the program quits immediately. I suggest that the author (and Rikooo) remove it as compatible with p3D4 3.

Longnez

Edgley Optica

Unread post by Longnez »

Same for version v4.5 !

plug_nickel
Most used simulator: FSX

Edgley Optica

Unread post by plug_nickel »

Go to:1) SimObjects>Airplanes>Edgely Optica

Open: 2) Properties>Security>Edit> and change to allow for all Groups and Users>Ok

Running P3Dv4 HF2; runs just fine.

Longnez

Edgley Optica

Unread post by Longnez »

Hello plug_nickel
I did as what you told me, but that doesn't change anything because there is a P3D crash as soon as I want to load the plane with its texture.
Weird !

plug_nickel
Most used simulator: FSX

Edgley Optica

Unread post by plug_nickel »

Hello Longnez

Sorry you're having problems. First thing to check:
1} Go back into Edgley Optica properties and see if all Groups and Users are still checked. There should be a bold black check mark highlighting the changes. If not then:
1a) Uncheck read only and go through the procedure again and then re-checking read only.

Once this is done verify that all Groups and Users are now maintained. Try the aircraft and see if you have a CTD. If you do, you'll need to "Take Ownership" of the Edgley Optica folder. Google "Take Ownership windows 10" for batch download.

Windows 10 is a very pervasive program and MS has intenionally implemented many user/security roadblocks. Changing security permissions sometimes get over-written. Take Ownership helps to stop W10 at the registry level from rewriting permissions.

Good flying

ps....rechecked EO and it still flies slowly in ORBX

Longnez

Edgley Optica

Unread post by Longnez »

Hello plug_nickel
The right solution was this one :
1} Go back into Edgley Optica properties and see if all Groups and Users are still checked. There should be a bold black check mark highlighting the changes. If not then:
1a) Uncheck read only and go through the procedure again and then re-checking read only.
Now everything is good !
I can finally fly with this superb British light aircraft !
Thank you very much for your help plug_nickel !
Good flying !

Longnez

Edgley Optica

Unread post by Longnez »

Thank you for this update!
I'm going to have fun flying with him ...:);)

Bedlamsquare

Edgley Optica

Unread post by Bedlamsquare »

I am having the same problem - this model causes a crash to desktop in P3D v4 and v5. It's the only model that's ever done that. Messing about with the security permissions isn't the answer - and didn't work in my case.

GrahamL

Re: Edgley Optica

Unread post by GrahamL »

Me to - any chance with will get sorted ??

Bedlamsquare

Re: Edgley Optica

Unread post by Bedlamsquare »

I'm actually becoming suspicious of some files from this site. The Optica has something funny going on with the permissions and so does the AT-802 Fire Boss. I recently moved my P3D folder to a new drive, and when I tried to delete the Fire Boss folder I don't have permission, even as an administrator. That smells like a virus / Trojan Horse.

Return to “Prepar3D v4 and v5 (64 bits)”