Can't install any aircraft anymore

Lockheed Martin offers us Prepar3D v4 and v5 now native for 64-bit systems and VR compatible. Prepar3D engages users in immersive training through realistic environments. Ideal for commercial, academic, professional, or military instruction.
thomastee

Unread post by thomastee »

Can't install anything anymore without getting an error message "error 2 creating this folder. The system cannot find the file specified. The installation will be canceled". Automatic or Custom installation, makes no difference. WIn10, P3Dv4.5 Wasn't a problem until a couple of months ago.

Any ideas?

TIA

Tom

ricardo.placido

Unread post by ricardo.placido »

Hi Tom

Try to reinstall your simulator from the scratch (it's boring, I know... but sometimes a clean install solves a lot of problems)

rikoooo
Administrateur global

Re: Can't install any aircraft anymore

Unread post by rikoooo »

Hi,

It's probably your antivirus program which is stopping the creation of a folder in your Documents folder. The auto installer will drop the Add-ons documentations and Uninstaller link there.

I had the same issue with Bitdefender, the solution was to add my folder Documents to the whitelist or to disable Safe file
Bon vols - Happy Flights

Erik - Admin

thomastee

Re: Can't install any aircraft anymore

Unread post by thomastee »

That's exactly what was happening to me and what I did to resolve the issue, but thanks for the follow up.

Return to “Prepar3D v4 and v5 (64 bits)”