FPS

There're thousands of add-ons on the Web for the classic FSX and Prepar3D v1 to v3. Take off from anywhere in the world, flying some of the world’s most iconic aircraft to any one of 24,000 destinations.
hasgül

FPS

Unread post by hasgül »

hi, I have lacked the FPS a lot, my pc is Dell Inspiron 3646, it is bad and slow but I am looking to improve FPS without changing in-game settings.
i'm getting 15-20FPS on the ground, 30-40FPS on air, really depends on the location. but since there is some add-ons, it lacks it even worse. without sound the fps kinda rises. the POSKY add-on of everything is high-spec. like the 737, 747, and the 777. I think 777 because of the cockpit. I didn't find any reason it should lag. thank you.

william11

Re: FPS

Unread post by william11 »

I dont think its possible to get FSX running high fps with any computer because its just not optimized for any new computer.. and older computer lack power so you lose either way with this sim. I myself use PC that i bought in 2013 that has 3,1ghz i5, 8gb ram and gtx 660 1.5gb and it has also trouble running the game smoothly with some high fidelity addons like aerosoft a320, that why i mostly use freeware addons that are more fps friendly.

I think that even if i had some 3000€ high end PC, it still wouldn't run FSX much better because people say that FSX just isn't optimized for new hardware.

hasgül

Unread post by hasgül »

2 years ago, I had a pc with a graphics card which was 256MB vram. it handled fsx ok until it broke apart because of another game and there was something on top of it which prevented from ventilation. I'm happy with my current add-ons, but I am looking to increase my FPS without touching the graphics. I'm playing on med settings. I do not use trees because it slows down a lot.I do not find a reason for some add-ons like POSKY add-ons or IRIS F-15 to lag since they are old. same thing for Ready For Pushback. the old pc handled everything nice with Just Flight's 757. I do not have money nor I can find a pc for cheap in my area.

Nitrical

Unread post by Nitrical »

There are a lot of things you can do for better FPS.
There are a lot o guides on the web. But no guide will be 100% match to your system.

First thing: Buy SteveFX DX10 fixer. It will already tweak a few things with simple button clicks.

Then it is just reading the guides and tweaking, some things might work, somethings might not work. It is trial and error. SOme minor tweaks may even cause a complete crash of your FSX. So keep track what you change.
The thing is, I found FSX:SE much more stable. So if you are still running the DVD version with the service packs, switch to the Steam version.

But in general, to get better FPS, means upgrading or even completely replacing your system.

I switched to P3DV4, I can only recommend it, although a new up-to-date system was required, a costly thing, but in the end you won't regret it. 0 tweaking yet, runs smooth with pretty much everything at max settings. + Your FSX payware is compatible. As most of them have been updated for P3DV4 & 5. So no money loss there.
(I am an ORBX fan, most of my payware is from them)

And then there is offcourse MSFS2020. That will be the standard pretty soon. But that definitely will need an up-to-date system.

hasgül

Unread post by hasgül »

I cannot upgrade my system, but I am using the steam edition.

Nitrical

Unread post by Nitrical »

There is a complete guide at flightsim.com. but as said, it is only marginal. I never got more than a few fps out of it. And some things just made it worse.
Get steves DX10 fixer, it should get you a few more FPS. (The paid version, there are some available via torrent, or at least used to be, but the man spend time creating the tool and should be rewarded, it isn't that expensive either)

http://c-aviation.net/fsx-tweak/fsx-cfg-tweak-guide/
https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthre ... king-Guide

Return to “Flight Simulator X (FSX) + Steam Edition & Prepar3D up to v3”