Airplane recommendations

There're thousands of add-ons on the Web for the classic FSX and Prepar3D v1 to v3. Take off from anywhere in the world, flying some of the world’s most iconic aircraft to any one of 24,000 destinations.
JanneAir15

Airplane recommendations

Unread post by JanneAir15 »

Hello! I have a question again. I want an Airbus A380 but there are many of them (payware and freeware). I would like to know which one I should get. It doesn't matter is it payware or freeware as long as it's good.
And if you also have problems choosing a good plane for you then send your question here!

I've already found one which is on this page. But I still have one question about that plane. Can you add custom liveries to it?

Airbus A380-800 VC
Link: http://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/6/560

- JanneAir15
Dariussssss
Elite Member
Elite Member

Airplane recommendations

Unread post by Dariussssss »

I'm also using that one,and it's not at all. I was trying to install more liveries,but for some reason,it was not working...maybe I was wrong at something.
Gh0stRider203
Elite Member
Elite Member

Airplane recommendations

Unread post by Gh0stRider203 »

Dariussssss wrote:I'm also using that one,and it's not at all. I was trying to install more liveries,but for some reason,it was not working...maybe I was wrong at something.
did you modify the aircraft.cfg file as well?
Dariussssss
Elite Member
Elite Member

Airplane recommendations

I did,but still ,the installed livery was not showing up...don't know why.
JanneAir15

Airplane recommendations

I think I know why. That plane is originally for FS9. Did you get the right livery for that plane? I looked up the Project Airbus page and there is A380 for FS9 (same plane as on this page but it's modified for FSX) so I'm not sure what do you have to do to get the liveries working properly. I'll try to do something to get liveries working and then tell here.

Best regards
- JanneAir15
Dariussssss
Elite Member
Elite Member

Airplane recommendations

Looking forward to it. Same here,will try again.

Cheers
Dariussssss
Elite Member
Elite Member

Airplane recommendations

So,there you have it. I was able to install a livery into ''our'' A380 and it works.

The way to do is this... First,search and download only the A380 texture you want to install. You can find a lot of them at Avsim. Put the texture folder into the PA A380 folder,open and edit aircraft .cfg file. Be sure to check that texture is compatible with your sim,in this case ,the FSX.

Cheers
JanneAir15

Airplane recommendations

Ok, thanks I'll try that.
Gh0stRider203
Elite Member
Elite Member

Airplane recommendations

Unread post by Gh0stRider203 »

JanneAir15 wrote:I think I know why. That plane is originally for FS9. Did you get the right livery for that plane? I looked up the Project Airbus page and there is A380 for FS9 (same plane as on this page but it's modified for FSX) so I'm not sure what do you have to do to get the liveries working properly. I'll try to do something to get liveries working and then tell here.

Best regards
- JanneAir15
good catch! I didn't think of that lol

Return to “Flight Simulator X (FSX) + Steam Edition & Prepar3D up to v3”