compatibility with windows 10

There're thousands of add-ons on the Web for the classic FSX and Prepar3D v1 to v3. Take off from anywhere in the world, flying some of the world’s most iconic aircraft to any one of 24,000 destinations.
alainthomas21
Most used simulator: FSX

Unread post by alainthomas21 »

Is FSX compatible with windows 10 ?
Thanks for your response..
AT
JanneAir15

Unread post by JanneAir15 »

Yes, it works on Windows 10. I'm actually using FSX on Windows 10 and it works well.

- JanneAir15
Gh0stRider203
Elite Member
Elite Member

Unread post by Gh0stRider203 »

IF you have any issues, this site might help. Friend of Mine is running Steam Edition and was having some troubles.

https://fsxinsider.com/windows-10-fsx-steam-edition/
Colonelwing
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unread post by Colonelwing »

Gh0st ,,, got a question for you ,,,
I have a version of FSX GOLD Edition on CD box from Microsoft since a fiew years now.

I am using that version since a long while on a older PC and want to get
the FSX into my new high end sim only PC I have now. I was thinking to get the STEAM FSX version ,,,
but I want to be sure befort making the STEAM move that my FSX GOLD Edition CD box version I have
wont work on Win 10 that I have on my new high end NEW PC Sim.

I tought FSX GOLD Editon CD Box version didnt work anymore if we want to have FSX GOLD Edition on
a new Win 10 PC.

The question ,, can I still use my CD box FSX GOLD Edition version on my new Win 10 high end PC for many
years to come ,, or I have to make the switch to STEAM version of FSX ?

Thanks mate !

Gh0stRider203
Elite Member
Elite Member

Honestly man, I'm not sure. Your Gold edition SHOULD still work from what I've read here

I'm still running Windows 7 on My desktop still, and using Gold Edition.

Colonelwing wrote:Gh0st ,,, got a question for you ,,,
I have a version of FSX GOLD Edition on CD box from Microsoft since a fiew years now.

I am using that version since a long while on a older PC and want to get
the FSX into my new high end sim only PC I have now. I was thinking to get the STEAM FSX version ,,,
but I want to be sure befort making the STEAM move that my FSX GOLD Edition CD box version I have
wont work on Win 10 that I have on my new high end NEW PC Sim.

I tought FSX GOLD Editon CD Box version didnt work anymore if we want to have FSX GOLD Edition on
a new Win 10 PC.

The question ,, can I still use my CD box FSX GOLD Edition version on my new Win 10 high end PC for many
years to come ,, or I have to make the switch to STAEM version of FSX ?

Thanks mate !
Colonelwing
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks so much Gh0st !

Yeah I think it will still work fine ,, as I dont use any online live flying with my version and always fly offline.
Its not for the addons as I dont use them in my FSX files ,, I load addons aircrafts only to try and then flush them
off my PC or into zipfiles to remain there till I feel like flying them again in FSX sim files again.

My main objectif is to re-load my PMDG B737NGX from my DVD box version into a stronger high end PC I have now for Simulators only use. So I guess it will all work fine for me as what I have read on at STEAM ,, they dont have so many change done and it wont affect the way I fly on FSX for a very longtime into the future.

Now as we are in the FSX sim subject,,, for my new PC Win10 ,,, I have been looking for a great HOTAS stick and throttle
that works greatly. As my old Logitech is getting ready for a make over ,, but did give me so many years of good flying.

Can you list me some HOTAS you would consider for to use for a good periode of years with out issues or problems ,, meen the QControl have to be totaly great or top end.

I know a fiew in the market ,,, but would like to hear your side of the story about HOTAS you would point me at.
All other peoples can reply about what would be the HOTAS I should look for to use as a PRO pilot.

Any price TAG ,, doesnt matter to me ...

Thanks for sharing your point of view and experiences in that HOTAS matter ...
Gh0stRider203
Elite Member
Elite Member

only "online" flying I do really is using the flight tracking software lol if you go here, you'll see My flight, and the others who are also flying. KDFW - LFRG - KDFW is My normal route lol the "pay" is pretty decent lol
Colonelwing
Premium Member
Premium Member

My flight, and the others who are also flying. KDFW - LFRG - KDFW is My normal route lol the "pay" is pretty decent lol

The pay is decent eh ,,, lol
As mention, I never did online flying ,, its all new to me. But not new to me from the real flying world ,, glade that route pay well ,, lol

Thanks for sharing this with me mate ,, Cheers !
Gh0stRider203
Elite Member
Elite Member

Colonelwing wrote:My flight, and the others who are also flying. KDFW - LFRG - KDFW is My normal route lol the "pay" is pretty decent lol

The pay is decent eh ,,, lol
As mention, I never did online flying ,, its all new to me. But not new to me from the real flying world ,, glade that route pay well ,, lol

Thanks for sharing this with me mate ,, Cheers !
My VA's Information if you click Account Balance, and do the math, you'll see I'm making the VA some decent cash. I always include what I make as the pilot, since I tend to use that to help pay for the birds as well :) now if only I were making that much in RL lol
Colonelwing
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks for the sharing link mate !

Return to “Flight Simulator X (FSX) + Steam Edition & Prepar3D up to v3”