Sikorsky S-76 crash

There're thousands of add-ons on the Web for the classic FSX and Prepar3D v1 to v3. Take off from anywhere in the world, flying some of the world’s most iconic aircraft to any one of 24,000 destinations.
william11

Sikorsky S-76 crash

Unread post by william11 »

for whatever reason when i choose this aircraft in FSX-SE it crashes the game, i've tried running it as administrator but no luck.
wvernonc

Re: Sikorsky S-76 crash

Unread post by wvernonc »

Me too! Also the latest Bell 206bIII . Both have the xml addition.
StonewallUSMC

Unread post by StonewallUSMC »

heres what you do. there are quite a few add ons out there that are payware that do this also. First before the install take the installer , do a right click, scroll to bottom and check the Run as Administrator box, and each time you begin fsx do a right click and run it as an administrator, make sure you go into your main file scroll down to FSX application, youll see the symbol, do a right click and check the box again run as Administrator. Another issue could be that your DX isnt updated, the best way especially if your going to continue with any simulation, make sure because all games upgrade somewhere along the line just as the quality of the application and add ons get more advanced they will need DX, and the one way to get it right is to go to Microsoft Downloads and type in search Direct X9c package, this will give you every DX made and thats past and present and youll get new updates as time moves on. Another thing you could do while in the right click files of the Sikorsky, is make sure the setting for compatibility is set for your computer. Many of the installers arent as new as most and alot of them arent setup for other file systems.
The issue of these kinds are usually resolved this way or going into your download updates and checking to see if its an update that causes the issue, and although you hadnt mentioned that you were having other issues , its always good to check, ESPECIALLY if your running Windows 10.
The newer and more advanced the installer, the smarter they are, alot of installers will tell you that they detect the Windoews XP although its been years since it has been used, thats because the FSX application has every Windows setup from XP thru Vista on it, and some go up past Windows 8.
william11

Unread post by william11 »

i deleted xmltool.dll from fsx folder and the entry for it from dll.xml and the addon started to work, now it doesnt crash the game but then again GPS etc doesnt work on it. weird.

according to XMLtools manual i only need to put XMLtools.dll in the fsx folder and put the launch addon entry to dll.xml so i guess i installed it how its supposed to be but i dont know why its crashing the game with this addon.

Return to “Flight Simulator X (FSX) + Steam Edition & Prepar3D up to v3”