Scenery default ( MPTO)

There're thousands of add-ons on the Web for the classic FSX and Prepar3D v1 to v3. Take off from anywhere in the world, flying some of the world’s most iconic aircraft to any one of 24,000 destinations.
PierreM23

Scenery default ( MPTO)

Unread post by PierreM23 »

Good evening everyone
A few days ago I’ve bought on : JustFlight: Panama City airport MPTO, once installed on Fsx, I’ve been looking for the airport.
And I have a big issue, which is: airport elevation, however, not like every airport elevation trouble, because the runway is a mix between grass and runway ( really weird), around the ramp/runway/taxiway/Park there are big holes, and in those holes there are the other part of the airport ( building, scenery details etc...)
I have the Orbx Center ( with vector), which is running well, and on the tool, there are no options to disable MPTO airport.
Does anyone has a solution?

Thank you a lot for your help.
hasgül

Re: Scenery default ( MPTO)

Unread post by hasgül »

PierreM23 wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 19:08 Good evening everyone
A few days ago I’ve bought on : JustFlight: Panama City airport MPTO, once installed on Fsx, I’ve been looking for the airport.
And I have a big issue, which is: airport elevation, however, not like every airport elevation trouble, because the runway is a mix between grass and runway ( really weird), around the ramp/runway/taxiway/Park there are big holes, and in those holes there are the other part of the airport ( building, scenery details etc...)
I have the Orbx Center ( with vector), which is running well, and on the tool, there are no options to disable MPTO airport.
Does anyone has a solution?

Thank you a lot for your help.
can you show me a screenshot of it? thanks
PierreM23

how do you add a picture? I've not succeeded...
Nitrical

Unread post by Nitrical »

if you have vector then you should try to run the airport elevation correction tool. (It should be in the configure option of Vector in ORBX central)

First run the tool. (it takes a few moments), then start the sim and check if the problem is still there.

If the problem is still there, then check in which column MPTO is.
you have 2 columns AEC enabled and disabled. Moved it from one to the other. Start the sim again and see what happens.

Also some airports only work with the base scenery or in combination with another specific scenery to be installed. The elevation tool won't fix that.
Bedlamsquare

Unread post by Bedlamsquare »

I'm wondering why you are asking this question on Rikoooo's forum, when the add-ons you mention are from OrbX and Just Flight. Surely you will get more help if you open a ticket with Just Flight who sold you the airport.
PierreM23

Hi there, thank you a lot firstly for your replies,

Nitrical, I’ve found on the tool vector the scene, disabled, it was made previous to buy the airport. I will check on the sim and tell you, thank you a lot for your advises.

BedIamsquare: I’ve asked JustFlight yet, however they didn’t replied. And I think on a forum like rikoooo with every people who can help and who have replies to my wonders, this is more useful. And I think I’m not the only one to have those troubles.

Have a good day
PierreM23

Hi nitrical, I’ve done the checks, and the strange thing, is that when the airport is not disable, the fsx ground is high above the ground and once this is corrected, the new airport is under the Fsx ground.
I don’t understand anything about this trouble.

Does anyone has any advises??
Nitrical

Unread post by Nitrical »

I expect that the scenery is not 100% compatible with ORBX Vector. I have no idea how you can adjust for that. Maybe if you change the priority in the scenery index. If I am not mistaken, all extra scenery should be numbered above Global & Vector. It is the trick I applied when I had issues with the Hawai scenery pack from here. I just changed around the numbering of the packs in a different order.
It doesn't really apply to this issue, but it might be worth to check.

I myself have a few sceneries where the airport is slightly below or above the rest of the terrain. if it is just a little, it doesn't botter me that much It is sometimes much more challenging to land.
But I've had others that really sank into the ground. that takes the fun out of it.
PierreM23

Good evening Nitrical, excuse me for the delay my studies are filling my planning 😄
So, the scenery is the first one in the library list... however I have the feeling there are no solutions... because nothing had changed...

I think I have the same troubles, as what you’ve said: « really sank into the ground » because the runway, is a mix between grass and runway, and around taxiway, parking have holes with the building like sank under the runway/parking/taxiway altitude
However, when you fly above, you’ve the feeling the airport is well done, because you see the building etc... like there isn’t any troubles....

Return to “Flight Simulator X (FSX) + Steam Edition & Prepar3D up to v3”