Boeing 787 Family + VC FSX. Manual Landing ILS, Use of FD

There're thousands of add-ons on the Web for the classic FSX and Prepar3D v1 to v3. Take off from anywhere in the world, flying some of the world’s most iconic aircraft to any one of 24,000 destinations.
jess_76

Boeing 787 Family + VC FSX. Manual Landing ILS, Use of FD

Unread post by jess_76 »

Hello, Everydody!

Does Anybody managed to land the 787 manually using ILS and Flight Director? (FD of Capitain does not switch on until A/T is ON, bug?)

I could not do this, because FD seems does not work when A/P is off.
Also I can not find where I should set Runway heading or it is taken from NAV1 automatically?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. In future I am ready to track the bugs, which I have already found))
Attachments
rikoooo1.jpg
rikoooo1.jpg (675.89 KiB) Viewed 5019 times
Rikooo2.jpg
Rikooo2.jpg (619.7 KiB) Viewed 5019 times
Dariussssss
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Boeing 787 Family + VC FSX. Manual Landing ILS, Use of FD

Unread post by Dariussssss »

Hello there. Well I sort of did. This same cockpit was "glued" to the 777X that I found on Simviation IIRC,and it worked actually.

You have to have a flight plan in the FMC/GPS thing,then go to APPROACH page ,choose the RW to land-ILS tuned-Activate. Don't touch anything else,until the plane is in the range of the ILS signal,then the rest is I guess simple enough.

The 777-9 is really big so I had an interesting landing (stall speed a little wonky) but the cockpit ,as is fully works. So,I'm sure that it also works in this 787 pack.

Hope I was able to help.

Cheers
jess_76

Re: Boeing 787 Family + VC FSX. Manual Landing ILS, Use of FD

Unread post by jess_76 »

Thank you very much Dariussssss!

I have tried to do in your way, but the fact is that FD does not work correct (or at all) when the A/P is off, thus it is very difficult to land manually using FD movements. Very strange ... because even in default aircrafts you can do it without problem. It is very pity that such a brilliant model has such a bug.

Moreover in APPR page not always you can find the ILS of RWY... here is the screen Aerosoft USSS, empty page, and no ILS when you press "runways".

Anyway thank you for your attention and help!
Attachments
ILS_prob.jpg
ILS_prob.jpg (519.82 KiB) Viewed 4941 times
FD_prob!.jpg
FD_prob!.jpg (598.85 KiB) Viewed 4941 times

Return to “Flight Simulator X (FSX) + Steam Edition & Prepar3D up to v3”