Problems with ATR-42 fsx

There're thousands of add-ons on the Web for the classic FSX and Prepar3D v1 to v3. Take off from anywhere in the world, flying some of the world’s most iconic aircraft to any one of 24,000 destinations.
zani03

Problems with ATR-42 fsx

Unread post by zani03 »

Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask a question about the "Virtualcol ATR42" for FSX. I read very well the user manual to start that engines, but it seems that nothing works correctly. I followed the steps, setting the condition levers to 30% and rotating the knob to START A&B but nothing works. I also tried with CTRL+E but the result is the same. no engine turning on, unfortunately.
I thought that, probably, i should have a better version of my FSX, but I have currently SP2, so I think that isn't the real problem.
i would be very happy if you managed to tell me how to make them work, because it's a very good pack!
Thank you in advance!
hasgül

Re: Problems with ATR-42 fsx

Unread post by hasgül »

zani03 wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 17:58 Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask a question about the "Virtualcol ATR42" for FSX. I read very well the user manual to start that engines, but it seems that nothing works correctly. I followed the steps, setting the condition levers to 30% and rotating the knob to START A&B but nothing works. I also tried with CTRL+E but the result is the same. no engine turning on, unfortunately.
I thought that, probably, i should have a better version of my FSX, but I have currently SP2, so I think that isn't the real problem.
i would be very happy if you managed to tell me how to make them work, because it's a very good pack!
Thank you in advance!
do you have fuel? in realism settings there is unlimited fuel and auto mixture. mine is both ticked and works perfectly. thanks
zani03

Unread post by zani03 »

Yes, the fuel is unlimited and I have always had this option ticked. so i don't understand what is the problem
zani03

Unread post by zani03 »

I actually think that the problem is in the way I try to start the engines.. i mean, the problem probably is in the procedure. how do you start the engines in this airplane? Thanks
zani03

Unread post by zani03 »

it's ridiculous, because I have never had such a stressful problem in any Rikoooo airplane I have installed. every airplane engine starts with ctrl+e and in this atr 42 it doesn't work... and i followed the manual using the normal procedure instead of ctrl+e and it doesn't work anyway
hasgül

Unread post by hasgül »

zani03 wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 21:45 it's ridiculous, because I have never had such a stressful problem in any Rikoooo airplane I have installed. every airplane engine starts with ctrl+e and in this atr 42 it doesn't work... and i followed the manual using the normal procedure instead of ctrl+e and it doesn't work anyway
maybe try reinstalling? or add-on is available in multiple websites. I got it from AVSIM library. thanks
zani03

Unread post by zani03 »

I tried to install the same pack on AVSIM library, but there is the same problem.. clicking ctrl+e nothing works. i hear the engines starting but before they start completely they shut down, so I don't see any movement in the propellers...
Nitrical

Unread post by Nitrical »

Sounds like a fuel problem though.
Turn on your fuel pumps.
Than start and while they start push SHIFT+F4 (i think it is the default) to set the prop condition leavers for the starting engine from feathered to full. (or use your mouse in the VC or your throttle quadrant if you have one) Throttle can remain on idle normally, but you can put them at a higher setting.
PAUL1984

Unread post by PAUL1984 »

Ctrl + E starts the engines on any aircraft in FSX
zani03

Unread post by zani03 »

It could sound strange and i could be stupid... but nothing works!
i could have made some mistakes but i don't really know what they are.
i followed your advice: I turned on my fuel pumps, started the engines with ctrl+e and used ctrl shift f4 (on the manual that's the right key) but the propellers don't move and the engines do not start. I'm probably hopeless.

Return to “Flight Simulator X (FSX) + Steam Edition & Prepar3D up to v3”