A330-900

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020) is the next generation flight simulator and the already legendary successor to Microsoft FSX.
Fini

A330-900

Unread post by Fini »

Installation don`t work (File inst. failed) at about 85% of Installation ( C:... \ A320_NEO_CDU_CFDS_Test_Inst_EIS_Tests_Disp )
MSFS and Fbw updates from 20.10.
Any Idea ?
rikoooo
Administrateur global

Re: A330-900

Unread post by rikoooo »

Hello,

I might have an idea. Long file name is maybe your problem. What is the path to your community folder ? If you don't know you can use this program https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/147/995

Thank you
Bon vols - Happy Flights

Erik - Admin
Fini

Unread post by Fini »

C:\Users\Timon\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community , costs a lot of time to find it again but did it by myself by the way ;-)
rikoooo
Administrateur global

Unread post by rikoooo »

Ok, here is my suggestion:

Create a folder named for example 'MSFS-Contents' in your C: drive or other drive. For example C:\MSFS-Contents\ it's important that the path must be short.

Then, just cut and paste the folders Community and Official from C:\Users\Timon\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\ in C:\MSFS-Contents\ and launch the game. On checking for updates, as it can’t locate the current files, it will let you select the new location to the folder, give it C:\MSFS-Contents\

Try to reinstall the A330-900, now installation should work because the path to Community folder is shorter than the limit of characters.

Note that I didn't try this method by myself, I have only read on other forums this is the way to move the Community folder.
Bon vols - Happy Flights

Erik - Admin
Fini

Unread post by Fini »

OK , spannende Idee , thrilling idea , ein Schweizer kann auch etwas Deutsch , normaly , will try within the next 3 hours and greetings from LOWG !!!
Fini

Unread post by Fini »

Installation successfully ! Thank You ! My first flight goes to LSGG or SION !
Can I move back the Folders to the origin Place without troubles ?
rikoooo
Administrateur global

Unread post by rikoooo »

Hi,

Good to hear. No you should leave it like this, it's better that the long path

Thank you
Bon vols - Happy Flights

Erik - Admin

Return to “Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020)”