Tell us about you

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
pcpilot1950

Tell us about you

Unread post by pcpilot1950 »

Hi Payson. I do already fly some turbines, one of my favourites being the PMDG Beech 1900D. I have now flown the Basler BT-67, and while I'm very impressed with the quality of the graphics, the turbo lag is worse than many other aircraft that I've flown. The resolution of the guages is pretty impressive though and does go someway to making up for any other issues. I guess I just like my flying to be relatively simple and responsive. One of my favourites for sheer flyability is the Aerosoft DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver. It's just a joy to fly. Will persevere with the Basler and see if it grows on me.

Regards

Terry
pcpilot1950

Tell us about you

Unread post by pcpilot1950 »

Hi Payson. I do already fly some turbines, one of my favourites being the PMDG Beech 1900D. I have now flown the Basler BT-67, and while I'm very impressed with the quality of the graphics, the turbo lag is worse than many other aircraft that I've flown. The resolution of the guages is pretty impressive though and does go someway to making up for any other issues. I guess I just like my flying to be relatively simple and responsive. One of my favourites for sheer flyability is the Aerosoft DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver. It's just a joy to fly. Will persevere with the Basler and see if it grows on me.

Regards

Terry
Gh0stRider203
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tell us about you

Unread post by Gh0stRider203 »

It's honestly AMAZING to see how fast this forum is growing and keeping up is just wow LOL Makes being a mod....well....interesting lol
jimidget

Tell us about you

Unread post by jimidget »

My name is jimidget and have been flying sims starting with Microsoft FS 98 and upward. I was in the USAF as a mechanic many years ago and fell in love with the aerodynamics of it all. As a kid, I watched and wondered how did those big things not only fly, but how they got off the ground in the first place. The perfect place to learn was the the Air Force where part of my job was to understand the aerodynamics. I was hooked. my very first flight was in a DC-3 from Albany, NY to Newark intl. scariest ride in the world, at least for the 2 dozen or so of us that had just enlisted. then, from there it was a Boeing 707, to San Antonio, Tx. Not as scary and, when you had to go, standing up and walking was scary, but necessary. Anyway, I've enjoyed flying sims for many years.
I do have a question about one of the downloads I've done here at Rikoooo, and haven't found how to do it yet. Any help will be appreciated.

Keep Flying everyone.
Thanks
Gh0stRider203
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tell us about you

First off, jimidget, thank you for your service!! Secondly, welcome to Rikoooo. I do have to advise you to proceed with caution, or you could end up like some of us, and need Rikoooo Addicts Anonymous ;)

What's the download you're having issues with? Maybe I can help ya :)
jimidget

engine run up issues

I have downloaded the Paiggio P-180. I can not start the number 2 engine at all. I use auto start up and on every other aircraft, it works just fine. with the P-180 only the left ( number 1) engine starts with no response at all with number 2 (right) engine. what am I doing wrong?
Dariussssss
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tell us about you

Unread post by Dariussssss »

Just like Gh0st said,one big WELCOME.

Try to auto-start the aircraft. There is a command for it in FSX,on mine that's ctrl-e,so that way,the sim will start the aircraft. It's a good way to see if you are missing something in the start-up procedure.

Regards
jimidget

Tell us about you

As I said, I did the auto-start and ONLY engine 1 starts, not engine 2.
Gh0stRider203
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tell us about you

probably a long shot but did you try uh CTRL SHIFT F4 or whatever you have selected for Mixture (full rich)?
jimidget

Tell us about you

I just realized what this particular forum is about....welcoming everyone. (Hits self on back of head)

Anyway, the issue with the P180 is resolved and works fine. the ctrl+shift+F4, opens the condition levers, then
ctrl+F4 max prop pitch. then in 2-D panel I switched on the appropriate engine start switch and it started the number 2
engine.

Thank you for your help
jimidget aka Jim Conklin

Return to “Welcome New Members”