After the successful release of the "Aces of the Commonwealth" package for FSX featuring the Curtiss P-40E Kittyhawk, Iris decided to exercise their imagination and provide a new product featuring two new variations of the P-40 Warhawk, the P-40T and P-40X.
The P-40T is a twin seat, twin engine variant of the P-40 airframe. Whilst the U.S. did experiment with a twin engine concept of the P-40C during wartime, it was plagued with poor stability issues and never went into production.
The P-40X is a single seat P-40E with clipped wings and a contra-rotating propeller on a Merlin engine system.
- 2048x2048 pixel bitmap masters resized to 1024x1024 pixels for all the paintschemes providing super sharp bumpmaps and amazing visuals across ALL graphics cards capable of running FSX!
- A superb soundset from IRIS AudioworX with 360 degree sound panning customised specifically for FSX.
- A variety of superb paintschemes making use of the best art techniques available allowing for superb weathering and visual clarity.
- A high quality paintkit featuring all weathering layers allowing users full customisation of repaints all in glorious 2048x2048 pixel quality!
- A superb flight model from Jade Island Flight Test Center.
- An in depth pilot handbook with all the information you need to know to operate the IRIS P-40 Warhawk systems and aircraft complete with instrumentation breakdown, checklists and more.
The P-40X in video