Eurocopter EC120B Colibri 'P-ROP5' v1.3 Special Equipment.
The Eurocopter EC120 Colibri (English: hummingbird) is a 5-seat, single-engine, single main rotor, light helicopter. Jointly designed and developed by Eurocopter, China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation (CATIC), Harbin Aviation Industries (Group) Ltd (HAI) and Singapore Technologies Aerospace Ltd (STAero) at Eurocopter France's Marignane facility, the EC120 B is assembled by Eurocopter in France and Australia. In China, the aircraft is produced by Harbin as the HC120. Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation (HAMC) started manufacturing HC-120 in 2004, the assembly line in this northern China city is the only HC-120 line outside of France. Chinese PLA Army and local police forces purchase HC-120 helicopters.
Eurocopter has a 61% interest in the project, with CATIC owning 24% and STAero with 15% share. (Widipedia)
It is positively bursting with features :
- All new, very detailed 3D cockpit with fully animated flight controls and pilot.
- Groovy 3-D Head Up/Down Display, with moving map and aircraft-mounted video camera.
- GPS pop-up display to facilitate operation of small buttons in the 3D cockpit environment
- As accurate a simulation of the Eurocopter VEMD (Vehicle and Engine Multi-function Display) as X-Plane permits.
- 3D equivalent of the transparent panel: the 'transpanel' command renders the entire cockpit transparent.
- Perforated forward cockpit floor to increase downward visibility.
- Full set of LIT textures provide a realistic low-level but legible night-lighting simulation.
- New, unmarked Evil-Genius-style paint job - all-black with the exception of the gold-plated fenestron flow-straighteners....
- Very cool glass reflection effects inside and out.
- Framerates slightly better than those achieved by the default X-Plane 747
- And it flies pretty well too.....
Author : Beat B, Propsman Download