FS 2020

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020) is the next generation flight simulator and the already legendary successor to Microsoft FSX.
ehendrix

FS 2020

Unread post by ehendrix »

Hello FS Enthusiasts,
I have been a member since 2017 apparently. I received an email reminded me of this fact. I have not been FSXing since I had to pay for FSX "AGAIN" when it went to the Steam platform. What a disappointment. Even though I love the program it never really set well with me and it sort of went by the wayside.
With the new FS2020 coming out I thought I'd pop in and see if there is anything new going on here.
I have a couple questions.
Is everyone as excited about the new FS coming out? I will not be getting it till Christmas I think.
Do we know if any of the current FSX aircraft will still work on the new version?
Are there plans to convert? Wish there was a program to run them through to convert them? Wouldn't that be cool.
Looking forward to seeing you all in the cyber sky.

Happy Flying!
ehendrix

Nitrical

FS 2020

Unread post by Nitrical »

I doubt that the current planes will work. As I understood it FS2020 has way more parameters to consider to make a plane fly.

I think it would also be a bit stupid. There are some great looking and fun to fly freeware add-ons. But let's face it, most current freeware will look a bit bland considering the amazing progress that is made in just how scenery and weather etc have evolved in MS2020. By no means do I want to downgrade most of the current freeware as dull and simple. I just think it would look kinda funny if they would be compatible.

I hope that things like Air Hauler 2 and SPAD Next would be made compatible soon (and without having to pay full price again) SPad Next doesn't come cheap, but it is a hell of a program.

I look forward to it, although I have serious concerns about the specs needed. Given, my PC is above recommend specs, yet slightly under ideal specs. It just simply looks way to nice to get it running at just below max settings. Cause let's face it, to really be able to enjoy the work they put in it, one would probably want to set the sliders at least 1 point under max settings. ;-)

James Beale

FS 2020

Unread post by James Beale »

HI Guys yes it out for all to see?From reports from outside beta testers in Australia. Man it need alot o work for pc users as it seem to be made for Xbox,And it lookls like it was released far to early for flight simmers two many bugs aircraft fly unreal larger aircraft has flight problems,the flight sim world has been left out as far as add-on are concerned .
Sorry but thats the trurh! We will just wait and see what takes place over the next few months. THIS IS JUST A PERSONAL VIEW>
Thanks JIm.

Flightsimboy69

FS 2020

Unread post by Flightsimboy69 »

Not XBox only, the FS2020 works in PC too. I has installed the FS2020 in my pc, the file size is 90 gigabyte is installed in pc and the scenery is from Bing maps who has the file size 2 pikabyte who are transfered from internet to fly around the world. Really fantastic to se my own house when i flew above my home stead, yes, so realistic to see these buildings, woods, cars etc.. and live weather too. There is 3 differences FS2020 and I recommend the Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe. Price is not big when compare with other flightsim with low detailed sceneries. B)

Be sure you has the pc who are large than spesifications recommend to use the FS2020 or it get hot in the pc due frame rate and resolution is so high in FS2020.

Regards Jens Eirik, Norway

Nitrical

FS 2020

Unread post by Nitrical »

AH,

That's something I needed to know. So scenery is largely taken from Bingmaps. So a good inet connection is always required?
What's the data use when flying?

I have the premium delux ready to be installed. I just have to wait until my renovations are done and I can get back in the virtual air.
I am not so worried about the height. My new desk / home cockpit ( the wifey doesn't really now about the home cockpit plans) will be airconditioned and my systems are always properly water cooled.

Flightsimboy69

FS 2020

Unread post by Flightsimboy69 »

Nitrical: "That's something I needed to know. So scenery is largely taken from Bingmaps. So a good inet connection is always required?
What's the data use when flying?
"

Internet must be connected in whole time when flying around anything anywhere in the world since the scenery from Bingmaps and realweather from Metar is from internet. Plus you get the new updating from Microsoft to fix bugs and problems in FS2020.

I'm not sure what's the data use when flying since I'm new to fly in FS2020. (I has been flightsimmer since fS 95 to now the last FS 2020 and in addition Prepar 3D and X-plane).

jopidioot

FS 2020

Unread post by jopidioot »

I was alpha tester for FS2020.
Pro's:
1) Fantastic scenery. By far the best of all simulators.
2) Default airport and planes are great.
Contras:
1) ATC is a drama
2) now and again CTD (crash to desktop)
3) FSX or P3D aircraft will not work. A converting program would be great.
It is expected that things will be solved through future updates. Also virtual reality is not yet supported. I bough the most expensive package and do only use FS2020. VFR flight is uncomparable
You need a fast internet connection, as you fly with data from a server elswhere.
Best regards, Eef Klaassen

SMOKE@STORM

Re: FS 2020

Unread post by SMOKE@STORM »

I feel your pain.
I began flight simulator decades ago on a HP 'puter that ran on 40MHz power. Yeah, it sucked. It did somehow had watch them though as TECHNOLOGY and my ability to acquire better computers came around.
I've had FSX across three computers and ended up buying it again on Steam. (that for me was good when I got a vastly better 'puter and didn't have to purchase it again.)
I bought it when it came out. >it was horrific and unflyable.) I got a refund.
They (MS) did an update so I thought I'd test it again. It works fantastic now in ULTRA Graphics.
I cannot say I like the planes they are giving right now yet believe it's only a matter of months or years before many will become possible.
Wishing you the best,
-Mark

Return to “Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020)”