Boeing 787 Family + VC FSX = hidden parts [RESOLVED]

There're thousands of add-ons on the Web for the classic FSX and Prepar3D v1 to v3. Take off from anywhere in the world, flying some of the world’s most iconic aircraft to any one of 24,000 destinations.
ElCid

Boeing 787 Family + VC FSX = hidden parts [RESOLVED]

Unread post by ElCid »

Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed the Boeing 787 Family + Virtual Cockpit FSX and I'm having an issue with the VC. The instrument panel, the fuselage and everything that enclose the VC are invisible. See the pics.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Attachments
B787 VC Captain's View.JPG
B787 VC Captain's View.JPG (128.73 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
B787 VC FO View.JPG
B787 VC FO View.JPG (142.88 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
B787 VC OVH PANEL.JPG
B787 VC OVH PANEL.JPG (89.34 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
hasgül

Re: Boeing 787 Family + VC FSX

Unread post by hasgül »

ElCid wrote: 30 Dec 2020, 06:23 Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed the Boeing 787 Family + Virtual Cockpit FSX and I'm having an issue with the VC. The instrument panel, the fuselage and everything that enclose the VC are invisible. See the pics.

Any ideas?

Thanks
do you have FSX boxed? if so, do you have service packs? fsx steam has built in service packs
ElCid

Unread post by ElCid »

I have the FSX boxed with the SP2 installed. I was looking through the 787 VC Manual and came across this section that states:

"Graphics
It has been found that the panel displays clearly only when using the Directx 10 preview
option. When using Directx 9 some portions of the text appear blurred. This may be because
of my particular graphics card – possibly later cards do not support Directx 9. This causes a
problem in that all the Boeing 787 models I have found are based on AI aircraft and do not
display external textures when using Directx 10."

That paragraph is kind of confusing as it indicates problems with DX9 and also DX10. I have DX12. But the first line states that the panel displays clearly when using DX10 Preview. I loaded FSX and selected DX10 Preview and VOILA! It worked!

So, my problem appears to be resolved. If for some reason it causes problems again, I'll return and post. Thanks for the help.

ElCid
rikoooo
Administrateur global

Unread post by rikoooo »

Hi,

Thank you for explaining to us how you have resolved your issue. DXT10 preview mode is a problem in the most case regarding the hidden part of the fuselage or cockpit. I will mark this post as RESOLVED

Thanks
Bon vols - Happy Flights

Erik - Admin

Return to “Flight Simulator X (FSX) + Steam Edition & Prepar3D up to v3”