DHC-7-10 and 12. I'm confused!

Lockheed Martin offers us Prepar3D v4 and v5 now native for 64-bit systems and VR compatible. Prepar3D engages users in immersive training through realistic environments. Ideal for commercial, academic, professional, or military instruction.
Bedlamsquare

DHC-7-10 and 12. I'm confused!

Unread post by Bedlamsquare »

Hi. I'm a huge fan of the Rikoooo packages and I have most of the P3Dv5 compatible ones. I've been using the DHC-7-10 package from a few weeks ago, and I've just installed the new DHC-7-12 package.

All good so far, except that I'm a bit confused by the difference between the two. Visually they seem to be identical. The aircraft.cfg files both seem to reference the same sets of models. In the description, all of them are DHC-7-102.

That adds further confusion. There was a DHC-7-100, 101, 102, 103, 110 and 112. No DHC-7-10 or 12.

Am I right in thinking that the new -12 package essentially adds new liveries to the existing -10 package, and all of them are DHC-7-102 aircraft? Or have I missed something?

If they ARE all the same, do I really need two installations, or can I 'merge' the two together to save hard drive space?

Either way, the model looks great for its age, and is a great addition to my hangar.
rikoooo
Administrateur global

Re: DHC-7-10 and 12. I'm confused!

Unread post by rikoooo »

Hi and thank you for your message

Sorry for the confusion, DHC-7-10 goes for "10" liveries included and DHC-7-12 for "12" liveries included. Otherwise, they are all model DHC-7-102.

You can merge both packages if you want, but it will not save disk space because what is heavy here are the textures.

Erik
Bon vols - Happy Flights

Erik - Admin
Bedlamsquare

Re: DHC-7-10 and 12. I'm confused!

Unread post by Bedlamsquare »

Ah. So simple I didn't think of it! Thanks for clarifying. And you're right. It saves no space at all really to merge them.

Return to “Prepar3D v4 and v5 (64 bits)”