Beautiful Boeing 747 SCA that carries a space shuttle on its back, detachable with animation. A shuttle control console is on your left (see video).
In 1977, NASA acquired a magnificent Boeing 747-100 and transformed it into an SCA: Shuttle Carrier Aircraft. In 1990, they started again with another 747-100. And that's all. That's how rare this plane is. In 2012, NASA proclaimed, “From now on, we're shutting down the space shuttle program and keeping those Boeing on the ground.”
What do you get with this mod?
- Works with the stable version of Salty Simulations 747: The Boeing 747-100 SCA is completely independent and does not require any other mod to work. If you already have the Salty Simulations 747 installed, the two can coexist without issue.
- The Endeavor Shuttle Orbiter is attached to your plane
- The most modern livery of the 747 SCA
- Additional vertical tail fins
- Tuned engines: they consume more fuel
- Removed passengers classes: All payloads of different passenger classes have been removed. Currently, there is only the pilot, the co-pilot, and the orbiter (whose mass is located in the right place, above the plane).
- Dynamic, self-adjusting orbiter weight
You can set the Orbiter's weight from the "payload/fuel" menu in-game.
What you need to know :
- If you set the weight below 50 000 pounds: the orbiter won't show, and the real weight will be forced at 10 pounds.
- If you set the weight from 50 000 and below 140 000 pounds: the orbiter will show, and the real weight will be forced at 140 000 pounds.
- If you set the weight from 140 000 and below 220 000 pounds: the orbiter will show, and the real weight will be whatever you set.
- If you set the weight to 220 000 pounds or more: the orbiter will show WITH its reactor's cover and the real weight will be forced at 220 462 pounds (100 metric tons).
Here is a video (in English) that explains all the procedures, from start to landing.
Size 312 MB
VC3D Virtual Cockpit
Format Native FSX / P3D format
Auto-install Installer MSFS v1.1
Boeing 747 SCA is compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020) only
Author : Developed by LordFrites