Description of the file
Message from Erik BENDER (Rikoooo): After five months of production I am pleased to present a new virtual cockpit. This is the Boeing 787. This cockpit is the most advanced of all (in the Freeware category) and is based on MagKnight's 3D assets (see permissions section). But not only, it's also a complete package. Indeed, I have merged the 3D models of the Boeing 787-8 / -9 / -10 GEnx from TDS hence the name "Family".
In a few words, I present the Boeing 787 "all inclusive version" ready for immediate departure.
Everything is pre-programmed for you, the VC is 100% integrated with the TDS B787s. I have rewrote all the XML gauges to make them compatible, I have created all the animations of the virtual cockpit, every switch, every lever, every button, every function. I have tested and modified the FDEs of each aircraft to match the B787 flight model. I have added 54 high quality liveries that I have configured one by one. And, much more!
If you liked this download, please consider supporting us by subscribing to the Jumbo offer or by making a donation, thank you so much.
What is included ?
- A new virtual cockpit for the Boeing 787 (one native FSX version and one native Prepar3D v4 version)
- Three exterior models (Boeing 787-8 / -9 / -10) integrated with the cockpit
- 54 upgraded liveries with 3 exclusive Rikoooo liveries.
- Authentic sounds for B787 GEnx by kairi Akai http://k-akai.blogspot.com/
- Custom gauges, GPS, GPWS sounds and alarms, switch sounds, Pushback Panel, MLW calculator, GSU Panel and Lighting Panel.
- 22 custom views (co-pilot view, jump-seats view, Overhead Panel view, wing views, engine views, landing gear views, etc.).
- Enhanced FDE for better stability and balance (no more pitch nose)
- AES, Intelliscene and GSX configuration files
- TDS 787 public painter kit
- Virtual cockpit user manual and B787 manual (the files are in the Documents folder)
Note that there is no 2D panel. But, you can fly without any problem in virtual cockpit mode because I integrated pop-up windows for the fundamental avionics.
Be careful, there are two versions to choose from during the installation:
- Either a version optimized for FPS i.e. without aeronautical charts on MFD and PFD screens (no navigation information), so everything will be displayed on the GPS.
- Or a normal version, but can have a considerable impact on FPS, depending on the power of your computer.
FPS = Frame rate per second
A new gauge for the GPSThis new gauge carries out pretty much all the functions of the GPS 500 with many additional
features added. Some of the new features are:
- Tuning of ILS frequencies (no more map lookups)
- Auto Tuning to VORs and NDBs
- Selectable tuning to VORs and NDBs
- Nearest Airports, VORs, NDBs, and Intersections can be searched to any number
- High resolution terrain Maps with terrain shadowing
- Other aircraft display (TCAS)
- TAWS Map
- Flight Plan Map
- Uncluttered Maps with selectable overlays
- Detailed Flight Plan
- Easy navigation between pages
- Approach selected and activated with two mouse clicks
- Localiser and Glideslope Nav aids
- Direct-to feature
- Background colour
- Runway lists
- Movable map
- Approach Transition selection
to the interactive synoptic displays on the Boeing 787.
- With permission from Hiroshi Igami (TDS) creator of the exterior models
- With permission to use assets from Mariano Gonzalez (MagKnight) from X-plane (freeware version 05.2)
- With permission to rewrite all 787 2d gauges from Gavin Munro (b787v21.zip)
- With permission to use all repaints from Carlos Eduardo Salas
The project contributorsThis project would never have been possible without these contributors. Many thanks to :
- Gavin MUNRO for his wonderful 2D panel and for helping me to program XML gauges.
- Hiroshi IGAMI for helping me with the 3D virtual cockpit, textures and many explanations
- Ken WEBBER for high definition VC textures and Rikoooo liveries
- Oniel BLACK for helping me with 3DS Max and the creation of some animations
- Mariano GONZALEZ for giving me the permission to use his FREEWARE assets from B787 for X-Plane.
- Carlos Eduardo SALAS for allowing me to use his liveries in my package, thanks also to the other creators for the liveries I didn't include.
- Hiroaki Itoh for helping me debug errors and for testing the aircraft flight model and virtual cockpit systems.
List of the present liveries
=== Boeing 787-8 ===
Rikoooo Livery 1
Royal Air Maroc
Japan Airlines "Ghibli Jet"
China Southern Airlines
United Arab Emirates
China Southern B-2725
Air India star Alliance
Air Austral=== Boeing 787-9 ===
Rikoooo Livery 2
Saudi Arabian Airlines
Air Canada=== Boeing 787-10 ===
Rikoooo Livery 3
Updated on 14/03/2021: Version Stable 1.1
- Fixed SPD text always displayed on PFD.
- The GPS goes from version 1.6 to version 1.8:
- The major workaround in Version 1.6 for the 180 degrees longitude problem has now been modified so that the Latitude and Longitude of the faulty waypoints now do display on the Nearest Intersections screen.
- A new feature has been added to display the distance to destination on the MAP screen.
- Another new feature is to display the active frequencies on the Nearest VORs and Nearest NDBs screens.
- Other cosmetic changes have been made to make the screen neater and to take out some old unnecessary syntax. These changes are barely noticeable.
Updated on 18/12/2020: The Boeing 787 Family + Virtual Cockpit package is now updated from version Beta 0.93 to version Stable 1.0. Many bugs have been fixed, flying with this 787 is a real delight!
Here are the changes I made:
- 787-8-9-10 are now compiled and textured with PBR (Physically Based Rendering) support only for Prepar3D v4 and v5, FSX does not support PBR. Note: Under P3D v4 textures may look greyish when viewed from certain angles, to correct this you must disable (Off) "Dynamic reflection" in P3D settings. On the other hand, no problem of this kind with P3D v5:
- Addition and configuration of the missing gauge for the Autoland ILS CAT II / III specific for TDS 787 created by Dimitrios Moschos (see the file AUTOLAND_Readme.txt in your Documents). The 787 is now able to land on its own with the ILS!
- Fixed TERRAIN MODE not showing on the large MFD screen:
- Fixed TAWS (Terrain Awareness and Warning Systems) mode now displaying the map:
- Fixed RANGE value not working normally.
- Fixed MASTER ALARMS flickering continuously.
- Fixed some minor programming errors in TDS787 gauges.
- Widening of the GPS screen.
- GPS gauge is now at version 1.8, ILS identical frequency issues have been fixed. (Special thanks to Gavin Munro for his help)
- Modification of the "lift_scalar" value for each model in the "Aircraft.cfg" file in order to make landings smoother with Autoland.
How to perform an ILS landing with the Rikoooo GPS B787
Size 511 MB
Downloads 56 348
Created 13 Sep 2020
Updated 14 Mar 2021
VC 3D Virtual Cockpit
Format Native FSX / P3D format
Auto-install Installer version 10.5
Compatibility list :
Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v1 to v5 ➕ Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition ➕ Microsoft Flight Simulator X (All versions)
- Author :
VC assets by Magknight and conversion by Rikoooo. XML Gauges based on Gavin Munro. Exterior model by Hiroshi Igami (TDS). 787 GEnx Soundset by Kairi Akai. Rikoooo Liveries by Ken WEBBER. Others liveries by Carlos Eduardo Salas